Followers

Saturday 3 October 2015

Glitter and Gems

Hi

This months challenge for me is that I haven't been able to do any crafting as the renovations in my house have taken over my room (again) so I am pleased that I did a few challenges ahead!

This month Lavinia's challenge is Glitter and Gems  - oh so hard with all those fab stamps eh?! See the side bar on the left for all the details of how to enter, you don't even need a blog!

I decided to do something pretty and something practical, a heart and a coffee jar.  I buy refills for the coffee and decided that the jar I put it in was far too boring.  I did mask off a strip down the sides so you can still see how much coffee you have left!

My photography skills do leave a lot to be desired, but The flowers on the jar are really sparkly as I dropped glitter onto the glaze.




Here I went back to my usual subtle colours and had hours of fun colouring in the edges of the flowers in a silver glitter pen!




Oh and since last month we have a new addition to the family!

My youngest son went off to study Medicine at UCL so I replaced him with a puppy :) his name is Bobby and he is a delight!


Love to everyone

Melissa xx

7 comments:

Wendy said...

What a lovely coffee jar! Love the pretty heart too. Bobby is very sweet, bet he's getting lots of cuddles! Xxx

Karen said...

Love your two projects Melissa, very sparkly. Kx

Janice Kay Schaub said...

awww I love the puppy. I have poodles, he looks like a poodle. You are in for a lifetime of delight
Janice

Hellen Pearce said...

clever idea Melissa with the coffee jar and nice and sparkly in your kitchen! Hope the builders finish soon :-) x

Zoe said...

Such pretty designs Melissa, I love seeing your altered creations and little Bobby is so cute xx Zoe xx

Pauline Butcher said...

The coffee jar is a genius idea Melissa, and so pretty, and I love the heart, your colours are definitely getting brighter, lol !!!! Hugs P xxxxx

Eileen said...

I agree with the other comments about the Coffee jar ( clever work) and the puppy ( delightful Xx ) . Hope you get your house back to normal soon .
Eileen xxx