Followers

Friday 28 March 2014

Shabby Chic

The new Challenge on the Craft Hands Challenge Blog is "shabby chic" this had me stumped for a while as I tend to associate this with furniature rather than my normal car crafting. I have just taken down some dark blue wooden frames from my bathroom that had seaside postcards in them and so with these now being spare I took a leap of faith and shabby chic'ed one. As many of you know this is very far from my comfort zone, however I was very pleased with the result

First I used a teal, white and cream acrylic paint to give me the background colour.  Then I used a script stamp with silver ink over the top.  Then I went mad! The butterfly in the centre is a beauty from indigo blu.



I just wasn't able to leave this one alone - so I added some more!!



Lots of love

Melissa xxx

No comments: