Followers

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Newness

Hi, I've had yet more new additions to my ever growing stamp and die collection and also to our doggy family.  We take the terrible twosome to Agility classes every week and there is a delightful lady from the RSPCA there who told a tale of a poor little dog with no home - and guess what muggins here said!!

Firstly here is a picture of my new stamp! this is from Lilly of the Valley and I can't remember the corner dies, the wording is from Cheery Lyn dies.

This is quite apt again, as we are doing yet more decorating - I think that one day we will stop but I can't see when!!

Now My second new thing

I read in a magazine about putting gesso on, then a layer of acrylic and then putting clingfilm over it when wet to get a really cool look.  I had a go on a tiny pine chest that I had knocking around.

I also tried printing onto tissue paper and then using "slap it on" by indigo blue to secure it and blend the tissue into the background.

There are a 1001 mistakes, but I was reasonably pleased for a first attempt and would try it again!



Now here is our last new addition...

A 7 or 8 year old miniature poodle currently called Tootsie (that may change as she doesn't know her name as no one has used it in the last 4 years!!!) she is loosing some hair through stress and is a very quiet docile thing - a little beauty!


3 comments:

Pauline Butcher said...

I love your two projects Melissa, the box looks great, and I'd love to see it finished. Isn't the new addition to the family gorgeous, I hope she settles in quickly, it's going to keep you busy, lol. Hugs P xxxx

Craftychris said...

The card is gorgeous and the chest has come out wonderfully! Tootsie is such a cutie, how can anyone have made her so stressed - thank goodness she has you now! xx

Eileen said...

Fabulous projects ,... the box is beautiful! ... so pleased you have given Tootsie a loving home... she is one lucky little dog now xxxxx