Followers

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Rhedd and Rosie's Fantasy/Mythical Challenge !

Rhedd and Rosie's Fantasy/Mythical Challenge !

This week Rick St Dennis has offered a prize of 3 digi images of the winners choice in the fantasy/mythical challenge on the Rhedd and Rosie's challenge blog.  The images are quite different for me and never have I spent so long colouring a tree before - it really pulls you in once you start!

I did the background, in fact everything, with Pro Markers they gave me the lovely gentle sunrise I was looking for and the lanterns have a little glossy accent to make them look like glass.

Here is a close up





and this is the full image - you will notice it is finished with some good old Lavinia Stamps! And the birds absolutely do NOT cover up an inky finger mark ;-)














I also did this one as well with adding another digi stamp underneath the background this time was with distress inks - very carefully applied!!






Why not pop on over to the blog and give it a go - for a non digi crafter I really enjoyed this challenge!!

Love Melissa xx

10 comments:

Zoe said...

Hi Melissa, both fabulous cards, I do love the tree one though, love your attention to detail with the glossy lanterns, wish I'd thought of that lol! A great start in your new DT position xx

Unknown said...

Thanks Zoe, you are very sweet!

Barbara said...

What a great card, Melissa......fab image and nice background 'mat' xx

Wendy said...

Great card Melissa! Beautiful colouring. Great to be working with you on this team too!

Tina said...

Really Fab to have you on the team Melissa, love both of your cards ! xxx

Unknown said...

Thanks for your lovely comments!

Sandra Wright. said...

Yay...I can leave a comment now.

Both your card are gorgeous,although I did favour the tree one.You did an amazing job with the images,the tree is stunning.
Great to have you on my team.

Love and hugs
Sandie xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous DT work. Welcome to Rhedd & Rosie.

Moira DT xxx

Pauline Butcher said...

Congrats on your new DT position Melissa, the cards are fab, love the tree one, fab colouring. Hugs P xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I just popped on to your blog via Eileens, I love both of your cards, but the tree is just amazing. I like it so much, I,m just about to go and buy it.

Sue x