Followers

Thursday 28 October 2010

28th October 2010

Hi, still not feeling so good, but the crafting is definitely helping :)

I had a go at a cutsie handbag card today. This is not usually my sort of thing, but I saw a template on TV and decided that I could do it myself! and here is the result! A touch over the top but I think it is quite fun and I may have a go at a more toned down version for some birthday cards.

My new Flying Santa stamp arrived today and so I made good use of it with a multitude of cards, here is my favourite. With this stamp it is so easy to take a card and make it Christmassy. I love they way that Rudolph is looking back at the others as if to say "you ok back there!" My Lavinia Stamps fairy house and fir trees finish it off. I much prefer to use the fir tree stamp rather than a Christmas tree one as it seems more authentic.

I treated myself (AGAIN) to some nesties and played around with a very simple card, I thought that it would be nice to do a Christmas card in an unusual colour, it has not come out so well in the picture, but it is a lavender coloured card. I was trying to keep simplicity in mind and I love the sentiments. I had already got the words with another set of stamps and didn't know what to do with them as they are so small, so I'm pleased I've found a place for them.

This is one of my favourite cards of my latest batch. I originally distressed and printed the tag but didn't like what I'd done on the reverse - this sorted the problem!!


I'll end on a bit of bling!! this die cut never seems to cut properly through my bigshot no matter how many times I run it through, so this time after putting it through 3 times, where the little holes should have been I stuck some bling  and made them hover - I'm debating whether to leave it like this or to ad some random bling behind them maybe in a vine shape pattern - don't know I'll have to ponder :)

Bye xx

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Phew !!! I can't keep up with you ... The little bag is great... my fav is the tag card. X